Thursday, June 20, 2013

Statement-Making Accessories

 

 
T-shirt: The Limited (old) (similar)
Ankle Pants: The Limited (old) (similar)
Scarf: The Limited (old) (similar)
Cardigan: The Limited (old) (similar)
Bangles: Alex & Ani
Watch: Michael Kors
Flats: Tahari Carly Flat via DSW
 
Do you ever wake up during the summer months and want to wear a pretty dress or skirt but change your mind due to thoughts of freezing all day in the A/C? Well that's what happened to me this morning. I have so many cute dresses and skirts, but the thought of spending 9-5 shivering in my cubicle is not really something I can manage, so I'm always thinking about layering when I'm selecting a work outfit. If your office is as cold as mine, you're thinking about it, too. This cardigan, which I swear I've worn only 5 times such I've gotten it is perfect for a cold air conditioned office. I love it once again. My office is pretty casual, so I can get away with t-shirts - nice ones, I promise - but I like to dress it up with accessories like this gorgeous scarf I bought last year. It makes the outfit and keeps me warm, which is a plus. I got these flats from DSW - I ordered them last week and I LOVE them and want another color. They're extremely comfortable and the cap toe makes it a little more dressy than other flats. I highly recommend them if you're looking for cute flats for work or play. So now I want to know: How do you keep warm in a chilly office during the summer months?

4 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! I love how the scarf picks up the colors of the cardigan & pants!

    Outfit Posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara! The Limited always has some great scarves.

      Delete

Leave a comment! I love hearing your thoughts! Make sure to check back because I make every effort to reply to each one.