Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My Latest Best Buys

Lately I've started to become one of those people who raves about products. It's rare that I find an accessory or beauty product I just can't get enough of, but it seems I can't recommend certain items enough these days... Here's this month's favorites! What are yours?
1. The Clarisonic Mia - I never spend that much on beauty products. I draw the line at Bare Minerals which can get a tad pricey for beauty products except for the fact that I hardly ever have to replace the products. However, words can't express how much I LOVE my Clarisonic Mia. It might be a little pricey, but it's worth every penny. As someone with mild rosacea and insanely sensitive skin, I didn't expect this to do wonders for my skin. I actually anticipated a disaster. Instead, it has been amazing. I use it once a day with the 'delicate' brush head - when I take off my makeup before bed - and it is like a spa treatment for my face. Not only that, but I can see just how much makeup comes off. I only use Bare Minerals, not heavy foundations, and I can still see that it truly takes off ALL my makeup. My skin is softer, clearer and happier and a lot of that I can attribute to the Clarisonic. It was definitely one of my best ever beauty purchases.

2. Atopalm Intensive Moisturizing Cream - Another AMAZING product. Like I said, my skin is extremely sensitive - like allergic to everything sensitive. Normal "sensitive skin" products leave me with red and enflamed skin and usually, hives. How cute - not. I think I've tried practically every moisturizer on the shelves and this one was my savior. It's paraben free - LOVE IT - and perfect for super sensitive skin. It's soothing and makes your skin super soft. I got so hooked on this product that I bought the body lotion, under makeup day lotion and the moisturizing cleanser/face wash. I seriously cannot get enough.

3. Maybelline Color Whisper by Color Sensational - I used to love lip gloss - you name the brand and I probably had it. Globby and sticky, they might have looked good but they felt gross and forget eating or walking outdoors with your hair down in windy weather. This lip color goes on smooth, has a nice sheen, but no gloss, making it wearable and glob free! It comes in so many great colors - I've already bought two, but I'm sure I'll be picking up more colors soon.

4. Sperry Top-Sider 'Angelfish' Boat Shoe - These are my first pair of Sperry's. I guess I was a little late to the party, but better late than never, right? I got them in the gold as shown and they are honestly one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I own. They're also 33% off at Nordstrom right now! I got such a great deal. I'm still trying to figure out how to style them, but so far I've worn them with jeans and a 3/4 sleeve striped tee for a spring casual look, but I'm looking for more creative ways to show these babies off. If you aren't familiar with sizing, I'd go a half-size down. I'm almost always a 9 and had to return them for an 8.5 since they were way too big.

5. A Denim Jacket - Back when I was in the third grade, I remember having a jean jacket that I wore everywhere. When everyone stopped wearing them and it stopped fitting me...I think my little heart broke a little. When I saw this trend making a comeback, I'll admit, I was a little hesitant, but now it's become my favorite and most versatile wardrobe piece. I love wearing my jacket with colored dress pants or white denim. I bought mine this season from Ann Taylor Loft. I got it for 50% off, which was great. There are only petite sizes left at Loft, but The Limited also has some cute options. I've been eyeing the white denim version!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I love hearing your thoughts! Make sure to check back because I make every effort to reply to each one.