Thursday, May 30, 2013

My First Birchbox



After reading one of my magazines - I can't remember which one it was - which featured reviews of a bunch of beauty sampling subscription services out there, I decided to try one, Birchbox, which is the most popular and affordable. For $10 you receive 4 beauty products plus an extra product like stationary, a pen, snack, etc. which range in size. You can select your preferences, skin type, hair type, etc. so the products can be geared toward your likes and dislikes. I just received my first box the other day and am still sampling the products so bear with me.

First off, I love the packaging. It comes in a pink box which is sent in the mail (not pictured) with the pretty box inside. For products I received Cargo (I think full-size), a water resistant blush, which is supposed to stay put. I usually don't like waterproof makeup, but this blush will be good for a little glow at the beach. I also received Coola, a classic face SPF 30 cucumber face moisturizer. I'm a little nervous to try it since I'm pretty sensitive to non-mineral SPF formulas and all moisturizers, so I'll be doing a spot test. I got Marvis, a mint toothpaste with "an invigorating peppermint flavor." A little random of a product, and I don't think I'll buy the full-size since..it's toothpaste, but it was nice for a toothpaste. The last product - Miss Jessie's Original Jelly Soft Curls - I was super excited about. I usually use Herbal Essences Curl Mousse when I wear it curly, but it can get a little crunchy...and for any of you curly girls out there you know what I mean. Despite it getting great reviews, I don't care for it in my hair. It was a frizzy mess by the end of the day. You also get a "fun" extra product in each box. I got Pilot's new Acroball PureWhite hybrid ink pen in a pink color.

So I'm not over the moon about this particular box - I was hoping for some new nailpolish, lip gloss or perfume, but I'm not complaining about getting to try some new products each month! It's the worst when you spend hard-earned money on a product only to use it once, hate it and never pick it up again. I'm super excited about next month's box and of course, any products I absolutely love will be reviewed in a future blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I love hearing your thoughts! Make sure to check back because I make every effort to reply to each one.