Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Black, Pink and Cream Stripes


This was the outfit I wore to NESHCO (New England Society of Healthcare Communications) Conference in Newport, Rhode Island. My office is considered business casual, so you can typically find me in bright colored dress pants, chambray tops or printed pencil skirts. I don't often wear all black, but I knew I wanted to dress up a bit for the conference, so I wore a black cap-sleeve dress and topped it with accessories - this great belt and beautiful striped scarf. I bought it a while ago and haven't been able to decide how to style it and I love how it looks with this dress. I was psyched to get some more wear out of this dress from last year - it was one of my favorite buys of last summer.

As for NESHCO itself, for any of you who aren't familiar with the organization or conference, it consists of workshops about marketing and communications for healthcare professionals. It was my first time there and I had a blast. It was definitely worth getting up at 4:30 a.m. I love continuing education and since I'm not getting my master's just yet, it was nice to be able to learn from other professionals in my field. The lunch speakers were PR professionals who worked for some of the hospitals who treated victims from the Boston Marathon tragedy and their accounts were incredibly moving. I also participated in some workshops on social media, which was really great, since I'm a bit of a social media marketing nerd.

Dress: The Limited (last year) (similar, similar, similar, similar)
Belt: The Limited (last year) (similar)
Scarf: The Limited (sold out) (similar, similar)
Heels: Kohls (old)
Watch: Michael Kors
Bracelets: Pandora Bracelet & Cape Cod Bracelet (gifts from the boyfriend)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I love hearing your thoughts! Make sure to check back because I make every effort to reply to each one.