Saturday, June 15, 2013

Summer Work Look & a Fashion Dilemma

 
Top: The Limited (old) (similar, similar)
Ankle Pants: The Limited (old) (this year's almost identical version) $39.99 online NOW
Flats: Me Too
Scarf: The Limited (old) (similar)
Watch: Michael Kors
Bracelets: Pandora & Cape Cod Bracelet (gifts from the boyfriend)

This past week has been an extremely busy one and I am thrilled the weekend is here! This week was full of meetings, a State House event for nonprofits and plenty of event prep for next week. However, there were some good things this week. I got to catch up with some girlfriends and the boyfriend and I shared our fourth anniversary, which is so exciting! It doesn't feel like it's been four years since we've been together, but they've all been wonderful!

I wore this outfit to an event at the State House. Although I wanted to wear a dress or skirt, I get so cold in the summer due to the A/C, so I decided to wear these ankle pants and dress them up with this great lace print scarf from last season. I brought a black cardi with me, which isn't shown. I find summer to be a difficult season to dress for work-wise, so I'm wondering, what do you ladies wear during the summer months?

I want to take a few minutes and talk about a fashion dilemma I'm having. I love flats - doesn't every girl? Wedges are my thing for summer, but I'm not a big heels girl. It's not that I don't have some - I do - and it's not that I don't have some that are comfortable enough to wear, it's that I just don't find them all that practical for every day. I'll wear them to work sometimes or on date night, but overall, I find myself throwing an extra pair of shoes in my bag if I wear heels. I love flats for work, but I wear them so often that they wear out so I'm on the hunt for new flats again.

The ones I'm wearing in this post are by Me Too & while they're cute, the pointed toe makes them a tad uncomfortable to wear all day. I ordered these beauties from DSW and got them for $54.95 after using two rewards coupons, so hopefully I like them because they're a little pricier than I like for a pair of flats despite the fact that they're a staple in my wardrobe. I'm looking for a black pair & maybe some silver ones too. What are your go-to flats? Anyone have Tory Burch ones? I'd love to hear your thoughts & see what you're all wearing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I love hearing your thoughts! Make sure to check back because I make every effort to reply to each one.