Friday, June 7, 2013

Modern Maxi Dress


 
Dress: The Limited (sold out)
White Denim Jacket: The Limited (sold out)
Blue Denim Jacket: The Loft (sold out) (similar)
Necklace: ily Couture
Bracelets: Alex & Ani
Watch: Michael Kors

The maxi dress was a huge trend last year, which I never got into. I couldn't find one that didn't overwhelm my petite frame - I'm only 5'3 and 3/4. I was determined to find one this year - as it's still clearly a summer must-have - and bought a strapless one from Old Navy for just $20 that I wasn't really crazy about. I wanted something with a strap and print. When I was at The Limited last weekend doing some returns/exhanges, I tried on a few items - this dress being one of them. When a customer and manager commented on how much they liked the dress, I figured I should pick it up and I'm so glad I did. Although I tried it on in a creamsicle shade, I thought I'd get more wear out of the navy one. It's a body-con maxi, so it flatters my shape and hides any lines because it's not too thin - let's just say how important that is. I hate dresses that cling and show every line - they make me anxious and irritated all day long. This one fits just right. It also has pockets! Pockets! I paired it with the white denim jacket today, but I'm also showing it with my blue jean jacket, which I also love. I also like it without a jacket for those warm summer days or cookouts. Although I wore it to work - my office is pretty casual - I can definitely see myself wearing it for more casual events. How do you style your maxi dress?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I love hearing your thoughts! Make sure to check back because I make every effort to reply to each one.