Saturday, June 29, 2013

Mixing Metals with a Maxi Skirt

Maxi Skirt: The Limited ($24.90 on sale now)
Necklace: ily Couture
Watch: Michael Kors
Bangles: Alex & Ani
Sandals: Sam Edelman via TJ Maxx
 
Happy Saturday! I'm THRILLED it is finally the weekend. Despite my best attempts at sleeping in, I was unable to and then I had a hair appointment, which was great since I wanted to get my hair cut - it is so long and takes forever to style. It feels much lighter now. However, because I knew it was going to be hot and sticky yet again today, I opted to wear this adorable maxi, which is light and airy. I scooped this beauty up for 50% off and now it's only $24.90 which is better than I paid I think. The fit is great. I also got it in a blue color, but I haven't decided if I want to keep it. I thought the black was effortless and it'll be easy to match with any kind of fun accessories or various color tops.  If you're looking for an affordable, basic maxi skirt, this one is a great option.  I decided to pair it with this great-fitting tank, leopard Sam Edelman sandals and silver and gold jewelry - my silver/gold MK watch pulls it all together. What other ways would you style this skirt?

2 comments:

  1. Love the skirt! I've been in the market for a maxi skirt but whenever I find one it's either too fitted for my liking (shows all sorts of lines, etc.) or is too thin? How is this skirt? Probably great quality coming from The Limited. I'm not sure how else to style it :S haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was great! It doesn't hide as much as my bodycon maxi, but it definitely doesn't show every lump and bump like many skirts. I got an xs, but probably could've sized up. I would definitely give it a shot!

      Delete

Leave a comment! I love hearing your thoughts! Make sure to check back because I make every effort to reply to each one.